Sarcasm, sex, and assorted splippery stuff

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back.


It finally hit me that being completely buried in patent surveys and numerical models of hydrogen storage systems can't possibly be good for my health. Therefore, I've decided to restart this blog, which hopefully will be less of the narcissistic exhibitionist crap it was before, and more like an online equivalent of barfing up all the crap that makes you sick after you've been mixing too many drinks and eating too much cold pizza with your buddies. Except that the vomit will obviously come from my brain, rather than my stomach.

Some things that have changed: I've graduated (almost. the actual ceremony isn't until later this month), and I've started working in a lab here at SNU. This means that my escape from the urban hell known as Seoul will have to be postponed a bit, but it also means that I'll be able to do some sort of scientific research instead of the customary stint in the Korean army.

Some things that are still the same (in no particular order): I'm still stuck at Seoul National University. I still hate living in Korea. People still think I'm sort of gay. I still hate Bush. I still love getting wasted with good friends. I'm still a sentimental idiot. I still think that someone will read this damn blog aside from the occasional passer-by who feels compelled to inform me about the cheapest sofas available anywhere. I still love to cook and eat and learn about food.

I know I have a tendency to start things and dig myself a hole too big to fill (like the 80+pages of the 'novel' I'm 'working on,' which have been undisturbed for even longer than this blog). So we'll see if I can make this page any different.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home