Sarcasm, sex, and assorted splippery stuff

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Sigh....

I suppose it's really my fault for opening up a blog and posting only one word. Even worse, I was foolish enough to invite my so-called "best friends" to post, naively assuming that they would leave insightful, witty, and interesting observations on whatever happened to catch their attention. Considering my experience with these fools, I should have known otherwise.

Aherm. In my defense...

1. I do find certain consent laws to be ludicrous. The puritan prudery so obviously dominating American society is outdated and unsuitable for the world we live in. Hop on any international flight, and ask the first person you meet when you get off.

Trust me, everyone knows that Americans are just fucking prude.

2. On the subject of getting laid at 30,000 feet... why not? Is it so wrong to want to get lucky? Come on, international travel is sexy. Everyone is thinking about sex when they board a plane. Having said that, my actual accomplishments on flights remain very limited; my success with air hostesses more or less non-existant.

A more heated and bitter tirade against the current state of air travel will follow very soon.

3. Finally, can we all just get together and agree that paying attention to attire, manners, and general public behavior is something to aspire to? The term 'metro-sexual' irritates me a great deal, but what's worse is that the advent of the term have brought negative attention to people who make an attempt to make themselves presentable. As my best friend explained to me when I first heard the term, "it refers to guys who act gay to get laid." Perhaps. But who can honestly say that they've never tried that one?
Besides, it's not just about getting laid. It's about feeling good about yourself. I'll be honest. I look at cuff shapes and collar construction and stitch ends when I shop for shirts. I tie different knots depending on the necktie, the outfit, or the occasion. I know the difference between a tuxedo and a fancy black suit. I worry about matching my socks with both my shoes and my pants. My cocktail choices will depend on the hour of the day and the season.
I do this because it makes me feel more comfortable about myself. I do not do it to get laid.


I opened this blog with the intention of rambling about the things that I'd like to bring up at conversations, but can't, for the fear of boring the listener. What with these shameless cheap shots taken by my buddies, I guess I'm off to a pretty good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home