Sarcasm, sex, and assorted splippery stuff

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Road Trippin'


image_22893772004121182430
Originally uploaded by Sangster.


This winter, I'll be meeting up with my friends Andy, Lauro, and Mahmood, and setting off on what will probably be my last road trip for several years. I guess you could consider this a sequel to our trip last winter through Atlanta and New Orleans, an experience which blew away our very high expectations. I'm hoping very much that this year's excursion will be as enjoyable.

Sure, we'll all be graduating pretty soon. After that, we'll probably scatter off to whatever jobs or occupations come upon us, working most of the year, looking back nostaligically on these crazy college days when, quite frankly, the workload is bearable and the break periods adequate. The adults are right, and I'm sure that the over-used cliche that these are the best years of our lives holds a great amount of truth.

So, in the closing season of our student lives and the onset of real adulthood, I hope we'll be able to make this trip something worth looking back on. I hope that the good times we have this winter will be something that I can store away in a closet somewhere and take out months or years later when everything seems to be going to hell.

DC → New York → Boston → Bar Harbor, Maine → Amherst → Ithaca

I'd say that looks like a pretty good route, wouldn't you?

Plenty of opportunities for splurging on posh restaurants, reveling in hotel rooms which would probably be out of our range, jumping into random dive bars, haggling to gain entrance to trendy nightbclubs, attempting to mingle with beautiful rich crowds at hotel bars, stuffing our faces with delicious all-american truck stop breakfast food, smoking cigars, dreaming of messy anonymous sex, shopping for cheap wine and ordering out for pizza... Like I said, things to dust off and remember in later years.

And best of all, to think of the conversations we'll have while pre-gaming in our hotel room with vodka or scotch or tequila or God knows what, makes the ordeal of my upcoming exams (which I should be studying for right now) seem somewhat more bearable.

Here's to January, and to good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home